Facts about Breast Cancer
- 1 in 8 women will be diagnosed with breast cancer in their lifetime.
- Breast cancer is the second leading cause of death among women.
- White women are diagnosed more often than any other race or ethnic background.
- African American women have a 41% higher rate of death due to breast cancer.
- Out of 100 people, 1 person diagnosed with breast cancer will be male.
- Long term smokers increase their risk by 35% to 50%.
- When breast cancer is found early and confined, the 5-year survival rate is 99%.
- The oldest description of cancer was discovered in Egypt and dates back to 1600 BC.
- There is a record of a mastectomy being performed due to breast cancer in 548 AD.
- Breast cancer deaths are down 34% in the US from 1990 due to increased awareness.
- As of January 2012, over 2.9 million women in the US have a history of breast cancer.
| Resources for Breast Cancer
Susan G. Komen's Screenings & Recommendations Guide
Susan G. Komen's Breast Self Exam Guide
Save the Ta-tas Foundation
National Breast Cancer Foundation website
Wikipedia Page about Breast Cancer
iStamp - Best in Quality and Price
iStamps are pre-inked stamps that will last up to 30,000 impressions before needing to be re-inked. They use oil-based ink, making them excellent for long-lasting, high quality impressions. Created with advanced light burst technology, iStamp stamps provide crisp text and images every time you make an impression.